Dr Mahmood Al-Bahri
Dr Mahmood Al-Bahri is a distinguished scholar and scientist specializing in Systems, Networks, and Info-communication Devices. Possessing a solid educational foundation and vast expertise in teaching and conducting research, he has made notable advancements in the field. Through his exceptional skills, guidance, and unwavering commitment, Dr Mahmood Al-Bahri has played a vital role in advancing the field of Systems, Networks, and Info-communication Devices.
Dr Mahmood started his academic career by getting a Bachelor of Engineering in Networks Engineering and Telecommunication Systems from the St. Petersburg State University of Telecommunications in Russia. He continued his educational pursuit by enrolling in the same university to obtain a Master of Science degree in the same field, where he refined his knowledge and proficiency in the subject area.
Motivated by a strong desire to deepen his understanding of the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Dr Al-Bahri embarked on a Ph.D. program at St-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications in St. Petersburg, Russia. His doctoral studies revolved around the development of models and methodologies for the identification of devices and applications within the IoT framework, specifically focusing on the Digital Objects Architecture. Through his groundbreaking research endeavors, Dr Al-Bahri has exhibited his unwavering commitment to the field and his pursuit of innovative solutions to the emerging challenges of identifying IoT devices.
Throughout his professional journey, Dr Al-Bahri has held prestigious academic positions at renowned institutions. While pursuing his Ph.D., he served as a lecturer in the Department of Communication Networks and Data Transmission at St-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications from 2017 to 2019. Following that, he worked as an Assistant Professor at the University of Nizwa in the Sultanate of Oman from 2019 to 2020. Since 2020, Dr Mahmood has been working as an Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Computing and Information Technology at Sohar University.
Dr Mahmood Al-Bahri is an accomplished professional who has made significant contributions in Faculty of commputing and IT at Sohar University. As the Program Coordinator of Computing and Multimedia, Dr Al-Bahri has demonstrated exceptional organizational and leadership skills, overseeing the program’s successful implementation and growth. Additionally, his role as the Program Manager of the Proposed Cyber Security Program highlights his dedication to addressing the evolving challenges of cybersecurity.
For two years, Dr Al-Bahri served as the Representative of the FCIT on the academic board, where he played a pivotal role in advocating for the faculty’s interests and contributing to important decision-making processes.
Dr Al-Bahri’s expertise extends beyond research, as he has also been an active Speaker and Presenter at international and local conferences. His ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences underscores his command over his subject matter. His strong academic background is evident through the publication of Journal papers indexed in Scopus, demonstrating his commitment to advancing knowledge and making valuable contributions to the field.
In addition to his research and academic roles, Dr Al-Bahri has actively contributed to his university and faculty through various committees. As a member of the university and faculty exam moderation committee, he has played a crucial role in maintaining academic standards and ensuring fair evaluation processes. Furthermore, his leadership positions as the Leader of the Faculty Advisory Board and the Faculty Marketing Committee exemplify his ability to spearhead strategic initiatives and foster collaboration within the faculty.
In addition to his administrative responsibilities, Dr Al-Bahri has actively mentored for many URG projects, guiding and supporting undergraduate students in their research endeavors. His commitment to nurturing young talent and fostering a research-oriented mindset is commendable. Dr Mahmood is recognized as the author of the Arabic-language book on the Internet of Things.
As the Principal Investigator of an internally funded project, Dr Al-Bahri has showcased his ability to secure resources and lead research initiatives independently. Furthermore, his participation in an agreement with the Ministry of Transport, Communications, and Information Technology highlights his capacity to establish valuable partnerships and collaborate with external entities.
Dr Al-Bahri’s passion for research and commitment to making a lasting impact is further demonstrated through his submission as an RG (Research Grant) Project with a budget of 20,000 OMR. This initiative reflects his ambition to further advance his field and contribute to innovative solutions.
Overall, Dr Mahmood Al-Bahri’s extensive experience, exceptional leadership abilities, and research contributions make him an esteemed professional in the field of Computing and IT. His commitment to academic excellence, mentorship, and collaboration position him as a valuable asset to his institution and the broader academic community.
- PhD. In Systems, Networks and Telecommunication Devices – St-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications, 2019.
- Bachelor & M.Sc (Specialist), Networks Engineering and Telecommunication Systems. St-Petersburg State University of Telecommunications, 2015.
- Internet of Things
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- Mobile and Wireless Network
- Networks and Communications
- Wireless Sensor and Actuator Networks
- Self-organizing networks
- Cloud Computing
- Computer System Security
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cyber Security
- LPWAN Technologies
- Digital Object Architecture (DOA)
- 5G, 6G
- Machine Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- AL-BAHRI, Mahmood, The digital object architecture as a basis for identification in the era of the digital economy / AL-BAHRI Mahmood, Kirichek Ruslan, Aleksey Borodin // Elektrosvyaz Journal. – 2019. – № 1. – С. 12–22.
- Al-Bahri, Mahmood, Kirichek Ruslan, and Borodin Aleksey. “Integrating Internet of Things with the Digital Object Architecture.” Internet of Things, smart spaces, and next generation networks and systems. Springer, Cham, 2019. 540-547.
- AL-BAHRI Mahmood, Method of identification of devices and applications of the Internet of Things in heterogeneous communication networks based on digital object architecture/ AL-BAHRI Mahmood // Elektrosvyaz Journal. – 2019. – № 4. – С. 41–47.
- Al-Bahri, M. Testbed for Identify IoT Devices Based on Digital Object Architecture / M. Al-Bahri, A. Yankovsky, A. Borodin, R. Kirichek // Internet of Things, Smart Spaces, and Next Generation Networks and Systems. Proceedings of 18th International Conference, NEW2AN 2018, and 11th Conference, ruSMART 2018, St. Petersburg, Russia, August 27–29, 2018. – Cham: Springer, 2018. – P. 129–137.
- AL-BAHRI Mahmood, a digital object architecture based internet of things devices identification system modeling / AL-BAHRI Mahmood, Kirichek Ruslan, Dmitry Sazonov// Proceedings of educational institutions of communication. – 2019. – Т. 5, № 1. – С. 42–47.
- Al-Bahri, M. Smart System Based on DOA and IoT for Products Monitoring and Anti-counterfeiting / M. Al-Bahri, A. Yankovsky, A. Borodin, R. Kirichek // 2019 4th MEC International Conference on Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC). – IEEE, 2019. – P. 25–31.