An international centre for culture, arts and heritage.
Preserving and presenting Omani heritage and culture and participating in the center on internal projects in this regard.
Re-establishing the socio-cultural legacy of the country to its due status as a major constituent of the intellectual scene and restoring its ties with world cultures.
Al Owtabi Centre will:
- Preserve Omani culture and tradition and communicate to future generations in a contemporary way.
- Create cultural experiences for people (Omanis, residents, tourists and international participants) of all ages and also organizations.
- Develop a centre for researchers to study Omani culture, arts, heritage and traditions.
- Provide support for young Omani entrepreneurs and researchers in Omani culture, arts and heritage in developing, displaying and presenting their work.
- Host displays and performances as a major cultural arts venue.
- Collaborate with national and international partners.
The Al Owtabi Centre Steering Committee will consist of the following:
- Prof. Nadal Al Shamali – Chair
- Dr Ali Al Manei – Member (Deputy Chair)
- Dr Hajar – Member
- Dr Rafik Al Jamosi – Member
- Dr Abdullah Al Shibli – Member
- Ms. Sheikha Al Mamari – Member (Secretary)
- Literature, Criticism and Language Committee
- History and Heritage Committee
- Crafts and Traditional Industries Committee
- Preparatory committee for conferences, forums and courses