Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree in a relevant field from a recognized university. Some of our programs have additional requirements and these are outlined on the appropriate web site pages.
Applications for postgraduate programs can be submitted to the relevant faculty. Faculty email addresses and phone numbers are available on the faculty pages on the University website. Normally, the first semester of the academic year commences in September and the second in February.
The Application Process for MBA
The Application Process for MSc (Master of Computer Science)
To be eligible to apply for entry to postgraduate programs offered at Sohar University, prospective students must have:
- Completed a Bachelor degree, or
- A postgraduate qualification, or
- A qualification recognized as equivalent to the above
- Met specified language requirements for some programs. This is will differ from program to another and full details are outlined per program on the following pages
- Passed an interview with the admission committee (if required)
Further specifications may be required in addition, on a course by course basis, such as:
- The subject of the qualification (depending on whether the subject is an extension or conversion program)
- The level or grade of the qualification (e.g. honors or ordinary degree; any specified classification or grade)
- Other requirements.
For admission to postgraduate programs, the general admission regulations, as above, will apply together with any admission requirements specific to a particular postgraduate program. This may include a Bachelors qualification at a particular level of achievement, related work experience, and language proficiency.
- A completed online/printed form, available at Admission and Registration Department.
- General Diploma Certificate- Secondary School Certificate.
- 2 Copies of National ID and passport.
- 2 Attested copies of former/relevant transcripts and academic certificates.
- 5 passport-size photographs
- A copy of language proficiency certificate, where applicable.
- A copy of experience certificate, if relevant.
- Equation letter from Ministry of Higher Education for degrees from outside Oman
The A&R department collects student applications and sends those applications that meet the general admission requirements for each postgraduate programme to the faculty. A Faculty Committee reviews the applications and makes a shortlist of prospective students for interviews based on the following criteria:
- The application is relevant to the requested programme,
- Submission timing requirements have been met,
- The GPA of the intended applicant meets programme entry requirements.
Higher GPAs are given priority. Successful candidates to the postgraduate program will be notified to submit the original of their requirement documents for attestation, as per MoHE rules and regulations. A notification of admission is to be in writing and shall include:
- Student’s name and personal identity number,
- Information concerning the type of PG Programme the student has chosen to pursue
- The study period to obtain the attended PG degree.
Entry requirements may vary according to the academic programme, and these will be reviewed annually.