At Sohar University – Faculty of Computing and Information Technology, we're interested in science and technology that will change the world. We like to bring the world on board as the means to do that. Our academic programs and research focus on concrete practical science, and its value, benefits, application and potential in our own lives, how it helps people and adds value to products, businesses, industry and the environment. The Faculty provides outstanding and distinctive academic programs, while engaging in research and scholarly activities. In all of our activities, be it teaching or research, we aim to operate with a forward-thinking, results-oriented and community-responsive approach.
We aim to create an environment that will make you feel in charge, and in which what you learn is relevant and real. No matter what your interest is – research or teaching – we strive to connect you and your course with the people both inside and outside SU who will help you to make that interest work. At the end, all the faculty staff and I would like to wish you all a productive and successful education at our faculty.
Prof. Ahmed Kayed
Dean, Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
Why study our programs?
- The Computing and Multimedia Program, Computing and Web Engineering Program and Computing and Network and Database Program are accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- Referring Research Output by Faculty and Students.
- FCIT adopted student-centred learning to develop the learner autonomy
Earn a Professional Certificate:
- FCIT works with partners at to incorporate their programs within our curriculum that prepare students for professional certification.
Learning form the Best:
- FCIT’s academic staff have graduated from highly reputable universities all over the world.
State of the Art Facilities:
- FCIT is home to some of the most up-to-date facilities and equipment in the world.
- Dean Prof. Ahmad Kayed
- Associate Professor Dr Atta ur Rehman Khan
- Associate Professor Dr Jabar H. Yousif
- Associate Professor Dr Kashif Zia
- Associate Professor Dr Muhammad Shafi
- Assistant Professor Dr Abdallah Abualkishik
- Assistant Professor Dr Iyad Saleh
- Assistant Professor Dr Eimad Abusham
- Assistant Professor Dr Sanad AL Maskari
- Assistant Professor Dr Saeid Hosseini
- Assistant Professor Dr Khaled M. Omar
- Lecturer Ms. Aysha Al Shibli
- Lecturer Ms. Budour Al-Farsi
- Lecturer Ms. Maryam Al-Jabri
- Lecturer Mr. Nebras Alattar
- Lecturer Ms. Safiya Al-Jaradi
The Faculty of Computing and Information Technology (FCIT) at Sohar University aspires to be the recognized leader in computer science and information technology education in Sultanate of Oman, and to become a first alternative by students and staff who choose to contribute to computing and information technology University-level education. ACS (Australian Computer Society) accreditation demonstrates the faculty’s continuing commitment to the quality of its programs so that FCIT students are ready to practice once they graduate and employers can count on University graduates to meet their needs.
The FCIT offers Bachelor and Diploma degrees in four undergraduate program: Computing and Web Engineering, Computing and Multimedia, Networking and Database, and Business Information Technology. The programs offered also provide students the opportunity to obtain internationally recognized certifications from well-known organizations such as Adobe, Oracle, Huawei, RedHat Academy and Cisco after passing the required assessments.
The Faculty also offers a comprehensive Master degree in Computer science, which provides professional post graduate-level education. The faculty maintains continuing relationship with the industrial community through master level educational activities. Finally, Sohar University is proud and is one of the few universities in the Sultanate to have been granted with Institutional Accreditation by the Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA).