- Department's Functions
- Department's Sections
- Supplier Registration Method
- Department's Contact Details
Procurement and Contracts Department of Sohar University is one of the major department of University operating under the Deputy Vice Chancellor Resources, to assists other faculties, departments and sections with procuring goods and services to sustain, foster, and support the educational and research missions of the university. The Department’s role includes developing and maintaining an overview of the purchase and supply of all the bought-in goods and services required which will support the University and enhance overall purchasing performance and make the most effective use of resources.
The Procurement and Contracts Department uses the latest technology for automation of all its processes to ensure that the exact requirement of the University is attained in reduced time and effort in such a way that all objective goals of the University is achieved.
Working together to develop and promote efficient and effective contracts & purchases, practices and procedures throughout best practice taking into account social, ethical and environmental issues.
The Procurement and Contract Department performs the following primary tasks:
- Uses best practices to obtain the highest quality equipment, supplies, and services at the lowest cost.
- Facilitates the procurement of goods and services to support the research, programs, and activities of the University.
- Develops strategic supplier relationships.
- Processes formal competitive solicitations and other complex procurements.
- Negotiates terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Ensures compliance with University, The Oman Government laws, rules, and procedures.
- Reviews and processes software licenses for the University.
- The announcements of the entire tender in local newspapers.
- Drafting of contracts entered into by the university with third parties for the operation and implementation of projects.
- Timely update of all Contracts of Buildings, Services, Supplies and Purchases.
- Prepare and process the procedure for auction of furniture, equipment etc.
- Arrange all ticketing and Hotel reservation services.
The Manager of the Department is responsible for developing institutional purchasing strategies, which harmonize with the specialist and wide-ranging supply needs of the academic, services and support functions. The Manager defines the principles of contracts & purchases and communicates them throughout the University. It assists its staff in understanding and dealing with contracts & purchases legislation by providing the contracts & purchasing skills required to support academic, research and other activities of the University.
This section plays a vital role in the purchase of supplies and materials, equipment and hardware, support and services that are necessary for the activities of all the departments and faculties at the University. The goal of this section is to get the best possible value, which represents a combination of price and quality, accuracy of service provided and terms of delivery.
Section contact email : firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
This section shall maintain all contracts and agreements on all the services provided to the university departments and faculties, such as leases, service contracts and agreements concluded with local and external suppliers. The responsibility of this section focuses mainly on the formulation and implementation of effective high standards of contracts amounting to services offered by the university
Section contact email : firstname.lastname@example.org
This section provides reservation to the staff of the university and visitors to the University. This section is also responsible for hotel bookings, restaurant reservations and other services.
Section contact email : email@example.com
This section follow up all the administrative work of the department related to both internal and external correspondence and provide needs through direct purchases.
Section contact email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The main taskes of this section to issue materials to faculties/departments against proper and authorised requisition. Following up on the progress of approved operations and services through purchase orders / rate contracts to provide materials or services to the beneficiary faculties/departments at the University.
Section contact email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy of Company Owner’s ID
- Copy of Commercial Registration
- Copy of Chamber Registration
- Copy of Computer Print out
- Photocopy of Bank Account No card
- Copy of Specimen Signature
- Copy of List of Agencies held foreign and local
- Company Profile.
|Name of the Employee||Designation||Direct No.||University Extension|
|Mr. Bader Said Al Zaabi||Manager - Procurement & Contractsemail@example.com|
|Mr. Talib Al-Dhabari||Stores Headfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Fathiya Al Balushi||Senior Purchase Officer - Procurementemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Salha Salim. Al Sheyadi||Ticketing, Hotel firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Abdullah Al-Mamari||Procurement Clerkemail@example.com|
|Ms. Ibtisam Al-Jahwari||Procurement Clerkfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms. Miysaa||Stores Clerkemail@example.com|