|Certificate time (classes/years)||- Four classes/minimum of two years.|
- Eight semesters/four years maximum.
|Study mode||Full Time|
|Number of points/hours approved for certification||24 approved units, equivalent to 180 approved points|
|Annual expected capacity of students in the program||The annual capacity of the program is set at 20 students|
- About the program
- Program objectives
- Program outline
- Fees and Financial & Contact
- Program admission requirements
As a response to Oman’s Mission 2040 with regards to reinforce education sector at all its kind and level and provide a supporting environment for scientific research and innovation, SU offers Master’s Program in Public Law at Sohar University which is taught in Arabic over a period of two years. Students are required to study twenty-four units of study, with two units for each course, and four units dedicated to the research project.
The teaching and implementation strategies in the program are represented in the cognitive theoretical lectures, and the practical aspect provided by the virtual court and the legal clinic on the university campus for the students of the program; By raising real issues, it gives students a unique experience in this aspect. Students also participate in various workshops and training courses, visits to the courts at all levels, public prosecution departments, ministries and institutions to understand the mechanism of law enforcement on the ground. Not to mention that the program hosts lecturers from outside the university in interactive dialogue sessions on the new legislation in the Sultanate. The Faculty graduates are distinguished with legal competencies who are theoretically capable and practically trained in various fields of legal work. This, in turn, fulfills the needs of development plans, and contributes to the development of legal sciences and its various legislative applications through discreet scientific research, and the dissemination of legal knowledge to individuals and institutions of society.
- Preparation of students capable of resolving common law disputes in society.
- Develop the higher specialized intellectual capacities of students in the field of public law in line with social, economic and political developments.
- Training students to employ comparative specialized legal studies in developing the legal system.
- Enabling students to conduct specialized comparative research in the public law branch in a manner that enriches legal knowledge and respects the ethics of scientific research.
- Providing the community with specialists with competence in various areas of public law.
- Creating the right environment for this program to be a nucleus and a building block for other specialized master's programs.
Fees and Financial
Program Direct Officer
Dr. Hodgins. Radwan Ahmed Al Haf.
All prices are listed in Omani Rial (OMR)
- Have a bachelor's degree in law from a recognized University, college or institute or its equivalent, at a minimum rating of 2.75 or its equivalent.
- Students with an acceptable rating may be admitted provided that there is at least two years of practical experience in law.
- The comparison between applicants is done according to the required numbers, and according to the academic averages.
- Students transferring from outside the university can be accepted according to the following rules:
- Obtain the average referred to in Clause No. (1) or (2) of the admission requirements.
- 30% of the courses taught by the student are equated with the equivalent of the program courses.