Assistant Professordgady@su.edu.om Phone: +968 26850100 Extn: 272 Location: Suwaiq building, Office no: E205
Dola Algady is an assistant professor of Linguistics in the faculty of Language Studies at Sohar University, Oman. Previously, she taught at Al Zahra College for Women, Oman, American university of Madaba-Jordan and the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. Her research focuses on Arabic syntax and the Kumzari language. She has published on the syntax of Arabic relative clauses. Her current research project on the documentation of the Kumzari language has resulted in the creation of digital repositories of recorded set of original Kumzari narratives, a Kumzari place names Atlas and the first thematic Kumzari-Arabic dictionary.
- Ph. D. In Linguistics, University of Wiscosin-Milwaukee, USA, 2014
- MA. In Linguistics, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA, 2010
- Bachelor in English Language and Literature, Irbid National University, Jordan, 2005
- Language acquisition and learning,
- Second language acquisition,
- Language documentation.