Did you know?
Visitors can join our campus Wi-Fi guest network on their mobile devices. To join simply follow these steps:
- When on campus, access your mobile device Wi-Fi settings
- Select the SUGuest network
- Open a mobile browser on your device
- When redirected, accept the SU terms and conditions of use
Your guest access will last for 24 hours - enjoy!
Find more about campus Wi-Fi
Information Technology Services is securing Sohar university technology infrastructure and data. Cybersecurity is responsibility of everyone in the campus, therefore we look for having a community that is aware of the cyber threats and cooperate in achieving a secure cyber environment.
To achieve that, we work to have members who are well informed about cybersecurity risks, members who follow the best practices and committed to implement the security policies.
Report Security Incidents
We believe that cybersecurity is shared responsibility, we would encourage every member of Sohar university to report any potential security incident to IT team.
Please report all potential malware or phishing emails to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our IT support center in LRC- second floor
Top 5 Tips for cybersecurity
- When you doubt, Delete it. Posts, on-line advertising or links in emails used usually to compromise users accounts and data, so when you suspect any received email, tweet or link and you don’t identified the source, just delete it or mark it as junk, in addition report the incident to email@example.com
- Pay attention to URL. Be careful on opening websites, as in many cases malicious website could be very similar to legitimate sites, and could differ only in one letter or it has a different domain.
- Use Only Strong Password. Weak passwords is very easy to be cracked to avoid risk on your data and devices, use only strong password. Strong password usually formed from long sentence with numbers and symbols
- Keep your devices updated and clean. The best defense against security threats is keep your system updated, latest Operating system updates, latest updates on applications and latest updates of anti-virus
- Don’t communicate your information. Be careful to not communicate your personal information to any requester, even if it sounds good to do, as your information is the most valuable asset that can lost