Dr Rajamohan is working as a professor at the Faculty of Engineering at Sohar University, Oman, and is presently leading the Environment Research theme at Sohar University. His research interests are: Novel technologies for pollution control, Biofiltration, Biofuels, Carbon capture and Sustainable food technology. He has completed several major research grants as PI, which include a UK-Gulf Institutional Links Grant on Sustainable Food Production, funded by the UK government (0.5 million USD), and three ORG/RG funded by the Research Council of Oman. He has published more than 135 high-impact research articles in various international journals. He has mentored more than 15 URG/FURAP/GRG projects. He is an industrial consultant working with leading industries like Sohar Port, Majis Industries, etc. He has won several prestigious research awards, including the Outstanding Researcher Award at Sohar University.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Annamalai University, India, 2005.
- Masters in Chemical Engineering, Annamalai University, India,2002.
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering, Annamalai University, India,1997.
Chemical Engineering courses:
- Heat Transfer,
- Principles of Chemical Engineering,
- Reaction Engineering.
Environmental Engineering courses:
- Air pollution control and design,
- Advanced Waste Water Treatment,
- Biochemical Engineering.
- Environmental Chemical Engineering
- Air pollution control
- Heavy metal removal
- Sustainable food production
- Novel water treatment technologies
- Jayakumar,V., Govindaradjane, S., Senthilkumar, P., Rajamohan, N., Rajasimman, M. Sustainable removal of cadmium from contaminated water using green alga – Optimization, characterization and modeling studies, Environmental Research, 24 May 2021, 111364.
- Sujatha, S. Rajamohan, N., Anbazhagan, S., Vanithasri, M. , Rajasimman, M. Extraction of nickel using a green emulsion liquid membrane – Process intensification, parameter optimization and artificial neural network modeling, Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification, Volume 165, August 2021, 108444.
- MuthukumaraPandian, A., Gopalakrishnan, B., Rajasimman, M., Rajamohan, N., Karthikeyan, C. Green synthesis of bio-functionalized nano-particles for the application of copper removal – Characterization and modeling studies, Environmental Research,Available online 14 April 2021, 111140.
- Bose, S., Kumar, P.S., Vo, DV.N. , Rajamohan, N., Saravanan, R. Microbial degradation of recalcitrant pesticides: a review. Environ Chem Lett (2021).
- MuthukumaraPandian, A., Rajasimman, M., Rajamohan, N ,SunitaVarjani, C.Karthikeyan, Anaerobic mixed consortium (AMC) mediated enhanced biosynthesis of silver nano particles (AgNPs) and its application for the removal of phenol, Journal of Hazardous Maerials, 416(2021),125717.
- Gopalakrishnan, B., Muthukumarapandian, A., Sujatha, S., Raja, S. , Rajamohan , N., Rajasimman, M. Statistical modeling and optimization of tannery wastewater treatment in a fluidized bed bioreactor with low density biomass support. Model. Earth Syst. Environ. (2021).
- Mohammad, M., Sedighi, M., Rajamohan,N., Hassan, S., Ghasemi, M. 2020. Microbial fuel cell for oilfield produced water treatment and reuse: Modelling and process optimization, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 37(2): 1-9.
- Rajamohan, N., Senthil Kumar, P., Rajasimman, M., Al Qasmi, F. 2021.Treatment of methanol industry effluent using algal biomass, Gelidium omanense- Kinetic modeling, Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, ,5(15).
- Rajamohan, N. 2020 . Performance evaluation of biodegradation of isoprene- acetone mixture in an integrated biofilter, Journal of Environmental Engineering, ,146(6);pp.1-6.