With 20 years of experience in academics and research, Dr Jabar boasts a commendable research record, and extensive experience, that makes him a valuable asset for advancing scientific knowledge and fostering innovation in his field. He has published over 90 high-impact research papers and book chapters, obtained external research funds, and served as a reviewer and editorial member. According to AD Scientific Index, Dr Jabar is one of Oman's Top Computer Science Scientists interested in researching artificial intelligence, cloud computing, soft computing, artificial neural networks, natural language processing, renewable energy modeling , simulation and optimization, and virtual reality. Dr Jabar H. Yousif is an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Computing and Information Technology at Sohar University. He completed his postdoctoral work on computer graphics and virtual/augmented reality at the National University of Malaysia (UKM). He earned a Ph.D. in Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing from the Faculty of Information Science and Technology, National University of Malaysia (UKM). He holds M.Sc. and B.Sc. in computer science. Dr Jabar fosters a collaborative environment and encourages team-oriented research, urging colleagues and junior faculty members to publish their findings in reputable journals. He contributed to several research publications, collaborating closely with the talented teammates within the faculty and with my postgraduate students, recognizing the importance of impactful publications.
Dr Jabar is a distinguished editor and reviewer affiliated with reputable professional organizations, including Elsevier, Springer, MDPI, Wiley, and IEEE. Leveraging their expertise, Dr Jabar actively contributes to the scholarly community by reviewing and editing manuscripts on these prestigious platforms. Their association with such esteemed organizations highlights their recognition and standing in academic and research circles. He published four scientific books and six chapters in Taylor & Francis. Dr Jabar coordinates the Master Computer Science Program and Computing and Multimedia Program. He has more than thirteen years of experience in curriculum design and development, program review, and evaluation, and is a member of the QAA (Quality Assurance Core Committee). He is a chairman and a member of the Evaluation Committee for postgraduate and undergraduate students. Dr Jabar has been instrumental in all undergraduate faculty programs and the Master of Computer Science Programs' curriculum design and improvement. He is initiating a Ph.D. program in computer science at Sohar University. He served as an external program reviewer of the Ministry of Higher Education, Oman.
Dr Jabar currently serves as a Research theme leader of Advanced Emerging Technology (AET) at Sohar University. he followed up with the theme members to increase the knowledge transfer budget and the number of external proposals for platforms and industries.
Dr Jabar's ability to secure research funding as a principal investigator (PI) and Co-PI further demonstrates the significance and quality of his research. He also serves as a keynote speaker, engaging with audiences from various backgrounds and contributing to advancing AI, robotics, and AR/VR technologies. Dr Jabar has supervised and graduated over 50 BScs, 16 MSc, and 2 PhD, and has completed three external research grants and two student research projects granted by the Research Council of Oman (TRC). Dr Jabar has been involved in over 50 international conferences as a Program Committee, Technical Committee member, and Reviewer. Additionally, Dr Jabar acted as a Guest Editor for Special Issues with different Journals, such as MDPI,Current Chinese Computer Science, and Topical Advisory Panel.
- Ph.D. In Information Science & Technology (Artificial Intelligent &NLP) -National University of Malaysia (UKM) 2007.
- M.Sc. Computer Science, Basra University -Iraq, 1996.
- B.Sc. Computer Science, Basra University -Iraq, 1991.
- Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems.
- Soft computing and its applications
- Neural Networks & Fuzzy Logic.
- Modeling & Visualization.
- Computer Graphics.
- System analysis & Design.
- Computer Simulation &Modeling.
- Compilers Construction.
- Data Structures with C#, C++, Pascal.
- Data Base Management System.
- Object oriented programming with C#.
- Introduction to Information Technology.
- Fundamentals of programming.
- Introduction to Computer Science & programming.
- Intelligent Agent
- Soft Computing
- Renewable energy
- Forecasting Models
- Cloud Computing, Artificial Neural Networks
- Natural Language Processing
- Virtual Reality
- Al-Waeli, A. H., Kazem, H. A., Yousif, J. H., Chaichan, M. T., & Sopian, K. (2020). Mathematical and neural network modeling for predicting and analyzing of nanofluid-nano PCM photovoltaic thermal systems performance. Renewable Energy, 145, 963-980.
- Kazem, H. A., Yousif, J., Chaichan, M. T., & Al‐Waeli, A. H. (2019). Experimental and deep learning artificial neural network approach for evaluating grid‐connected photovoltaic systems. International Journal of Energy Research, 43(14), 8572-8591.
- Al‐Waeli, A. H., Kazem, H. A., Yousif, J. H., Chaichan, M. T., & Sopian, K. (2019). Mathematical and neural network models for predicting the electrical performance of a PV/T system. International Journal of Energy Research, 43(14), 8100-8117.
- Al-Waeli, A. H., Sopian, K., Yousif, J. H., Kazem, H. A., Boland, J., & Chaichan, M. T. (2019). Artificial neural network modeling and analysis of photovoltaic/thermal system based on the experimental study. Energy conversion and management, 186, 368-379.
- Yousif, J. H., Kazem, H. A., Alattar, N. N., & Elhassan, I. I. (2019). A comparison study based on artificial neural network for assessing PV/T solar energy production. Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, 13, 100407.