Thank you for choosing the Faculty of Engineering at Sohar University for your education, and welcome to your Faculty. In the Faculty of Engineering, we are committed to provide students with outstanding learning experiences in state of the art facilities and laboratories. The Engineering programs offered are up-to-date, flexible and practical based. Accredited by Engineers Australia, the undergraduate programs offered are in parallel with international standards, rapidly changing technologies and employment demands. On the other hand, the Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering program is unique in Oman and focusses on enhancing decision-making, design, analytical, professional and research capabilities in fields related to Environmental Engineering. With the University hosting major industrial facilities including Intaj Suhar, Grace and Green house, students will have unique opportunities for hands on training on industry scale teaching and research equipment.
In the Faculty, we have expert, multinational and professional staff who treat students as partners and guide them from registration to graduation. Staff and students share research grants and papers as well as participate in national and international competitions, conferences and workshops. The staff support students in both curricular and extracurricular activities as well as support them to be members in professional bodies in Oman and overseas.
Through your experience to build your Engineering career, you will feel exciting with many industrial challenges to solve, practical case studies and latest technologies exposure. As a result, graduates will compete for employment opportunities with ready to lead educational backgrounds.
Finally, let us as staff work with you as students to experience a world class Engineering education of the 21st century.
Why study our programs?
- Accredited undergraduate programs by Engineers Australia
- Stimulating and supportive learning environment in world class facilities
- Focus on practice-based learning with industrial experience
- Develop the spirit of creation and innovation
- Flexible learning pathways
- Open wide horizons for employment in different disciplines
- Hands on training using industrial scale size equipment
- Acting DeanProf. Rajamohan Natarajan
- Associate ProfessorDr Hussein A Kazem
- Associate ProfessorDr Mostafa Baboli
- Associate ProfessorDr Mahmoud Younis
- Associate ProfessorDr Youssef Touhami
- Assistant ProfessorDr Anas Quteishat
- Assistant ProfessorDr Eyad Abushandi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mohsin Qureshi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Nitin Raut
- Assistant ProfessorDr Norie Akeel
- Assistant ProfessorDr Osama Ibrahim
- Assistant ProfessorDr Wadhah Tawfeeq
- Assistant ProfessorDr Vinod Viswanadhan
- Assistant ProfessorDr Amal Al Saadi
- Teaching AssistantMs. Alia Al Shidi
- Teaching AssistantMs. Khawla Al Hosni
- Teaching AssistantMs. Moza Al Qartoubi
- Teaching AssistantMs. Shamsa Al Jahwari
- Teaching AssistantMs. Thuraiya Al Sheidi
- Technical Services Ms. Fatma Abdulamir
- Academic Support Ms.Saraa Asaad
- TechnicianMr. Mohammed Khalfan
- TechnicianMs. Hajer AL-Handasi
- TechnicianMs. Nahid Al. Badi
The Faculty of Engineering has been maintaining a long-standing reputation for excellence in engineering education thanks to the well qualified and dedicated team of academic and support staff. Our programs and courses give you the tools to join the next generation of problem-solvers and entrepreneurs. With undergraduate Engineering programs are Accredited by Engineering Australia, the Faculty is providing education in parallel with international standards.
We strive to acquire, promote, develop and disseminate knowledge of engineering and its application to improve the quality of life, and to equip present and future generations with skills and attitudes to attain competence as professional engineers, and to interact with industry and community for sustainable development of mankind. As a result, engineering students are highly employable with well-developed skills in areas such as numeracy, team working, report writing and creativity.
At the Faculty we are committed to a culture built on respect and fair treatment of the individual. We encourage ethical behaviour, critical thinking, collegiality, transparency, and accountability. We adhere to and demonstrate honesty and integrity in all the activities in which we engage. We also condemn any unfair or fraudulent attempts to advance one’s academic or professional standing, and we continuously strive to develop our knowledge, skills, and competence to better fulfil our education, research, and service responsibilities.