Tel: (+968) 26850100 - Ext: 266
Ms. Nawal Al Kahali
Tel: (+968) 26850100 - Ext: 607
Office: Barka, 3rd Floor
Mrs. Zalikha Al Shizawi
Administrative Officer ( Master program)
Tel: (+968) 26850189 – Ext: 189
Office: Barka, 3rd Floor.
Welcome to the Faculty of Education and Arts (FEA).
By choosing the FEA, you have joined a vibrant, devoted, and talented group of academics with a profile and presence second to none. No matter what you're interested in, you'll have plenty of chances to follow your passion, do research, and improve your analytical, critical, and creative skills.
We believe Sohar University is an amazing place where students interact positively to share ideas, thoughts, and knowledge and to build higher-order thinking skills and communicative skills. We strive, at the Faculty of Education and Arts, to listen, help every student, and provide all kinds of academic support through an open-door policy to enhance their learning experiences.
The faculty provides educational programs with a focus on a constructivist learning approach and active learning. Students should be ready to keep learning throughout their lives. The curriculum teaches students the basic skills, knowledge, and values they will need for their future careers. As a result, the faculty programs provide students with opportunities to excel academically and professionally.
The faculty is at the forefront of research and teaching and offers a wide variety of programs leading to certificates, bachelor's degrees, higher diplomas (for teacher preparation), master's programs, and PhDs. The faculty tries to meet the needs of the market and society by creating and offering programs that meet these needs.
Dr Ali Al Shamli
Dean, Faculty of Education and Arts
The Faculty of Education and Arts provide a suitable and inclusive environment for learning and teaching. We deliver the highest quality of educational programs and work diligently to provide our undergraduate and postgraduate students with the best programs and platforms necessary to succeed in whichever career pathway they choose.
The faculty is at the fore-front of research and teaching and offers a wide variety of programs leading to certificates, bachelor, Higher Diploma (teacher preparation), Master programs and PhD. The faculty uses the needs of the market and society as a guide to develop programs that meet these needs.
Our faculty is recognized as a multi-faceted and vibrant place where high-quality academic programs are provided to all students and equip them with the necessary skills and abilities to meet the market demands. Faculty members completed their academic careers in the best universities across the world and are trying their best to reach the quality of education beyond the standards. Our alumni are agents of change in the community and apply what they have learned in the workplace. Our Academic Advising team, faculty coordinators, and administrators are always here to support students through their entire academic career.
Vision and Mission
- We strive to ensure an accessible, collaborative and inspirational learning environment.
- We strive collectively for helping our students to develop their talents and have the most comprehensive education to become the role models socially, intellectually, and morally in community.
- We are committed deeply to achieving student desires, and routinely go the extra mile in meeting student needs.
- We recruit and admit energetic and motivated staff and students, sharing innovative ideas, research, and knowledge that achieve impact in the educational arena, and pursue excellence in their professional and personal lives.
- We continuously strive to develop our knowledge, skills, and competence to better fulfil our education, research, and service responsibilities.
- To prepare candidates who have a thorough understanding of the subject matter.
- To produce individuals who recognize diversity and cultural distinctions, including socioeconomics, ethnicity, gender, race, and exceptionalities, to satisfy the needs of all individuals in a growing global community.
- To prepare candidates who will support the use of research and evidence-based approaches throughout their postgraduate careers.
- To produce people who will uphold the established standards of professionalism and morality in the workplace, classroom, and community.
- To produce people who can think critically, are dedicated to serving others, and place a high priority on continuing their education.
- Sohar University classrooms and labs are equipped with a variety of technologies to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
- The Learning Resources Centre (LRC) provides world-class facilities to support students, academics, and researchers to enable them to achieve success and academic excellence. It includes books, printed journals, magazines, newspapers, DVDs, CDs, theses, special collections and E-resources.
- Career Guidance Services (CGS) advises the university students on their transition from studying to profession and it offers guidance and support on their study choices besides responding to their career enquiries at the Diploma, Bachelor, Master and PhD.
- The SU ITS team is here to help with IT support to get you set up and connected, ready for Blended Learning study. One can participate in courses by downloading the slides, videos, reading materials and practice tests, and join the chat rooms and discussion forums set up by lecturers through Sohar University Learning Management System (SULMS).
Why study our programs?
- Equipping future teachers with the necessary pedagogical skills and enabling them to make proper use of instructional tools and methods.
- Imparting an adequate knowledge of the subject and developing proper attitudes towards teaching.
- Developing students' creativity, self-assessment and critical thinking skills.
- Developing the best skills to stimulate experience in the teaching under an artificially created environment.
- Transforming students into lifelong learners with the ability to thrive in an ever-changing world.
- Choose the Faculty of Education and Arts and you will join a vibrant, devoted and talented group of academics with a profile and presence second to none. Wherever your interest lies you will be given every opportunity to follow your passion, pursue your research interests and develop your analytical, critical and creative faculties.
- Bachelors - Education and Arts:
One can earn Bachelor degree in the following categories:
- Bachelor of English Language Education
- Bachelor of Biology Education
- Bachelor of Mathematics Education
- Bachelor of Arabic Language Education
- Bachelor of Arabic Language Literature
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- Bachelor of Education- Domain One Teacher
- Bachelor of Education- Domain Two Teacher
- Bachelor of Music Education
- Higher Diploma in Teacher Preparation:
Higher Diploma in Teacher Preparation program addresses its graduates with the knowledge required to work as teachers in the education field and other jobs related to education.
- Masters - Education and Arts:
One can earn Master degree in the following categories:
- PhD in Education:
The Faculty of Education and Arts, Sohar University, is proud to offer the Doctor of Philosophy in Education programs (PhD), which is the first doctoral program in education in private universities in Oman.
- DeanDr Ali Khalifa Ali Al-Shamli
- ProfessorDr. Nidal Al Shamali
- Associate ProfessorDr Dawood Al Hamdani
- Associate ProfessorDr Hajer Harrathi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Aida Al Qasimi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Khamis Al Kalbani
- Assistant ProfessorDr Ali Salim Alghafri
- Assistant ProfessorDr Shaher Elayyan
- Assistant ProfessorDr Fatma Mourgan
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mohammed Al Hasan
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mahmoud Hawawsheh
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mohammed Al. Ajmi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mohammed Al. Kiyumi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mohammed Al-Nofli
- Assistant ProfessorDr. Mohmad Tashtoush
- Assistant ProfessorDr. Mohammed Al. Saeedi
- LecturerMs. Moza Al-Moqbali
- LecturerDr. Nawal Al Sheerawi
- LecturerDr. Raja Lakhal