Tel: +968 26850100 - Ext: 312
Ms. Hajar Al Hinai
Tel: +968 26850100 - Ext: 161
Office: AL Rustaq, 2nd Floor
The Faculty of Computing and Information Technology at Sohar University is interested in research and technology that will change the world. To accomplish this, we like to have everyone on board. The faculty offers exceptional and distinctive academic programs and engages in research and scholarly endeavours. In all our initiatives, whether teaching or research, we strive to be progressive, results-driven, and community-responsive.
We strive for:
- Developing the capability in students to use critical thinking skills to codify generic problem ideas into specific algorithmic arrangements.
- Develop skills as competent software professionals.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the three key areas of the computer science education program: principles, frameworks, and applications.
- Have extensive access to computer systems.
- Have experience in leading exams and completing large projects involving teamwork.
- Possess the ability to apply the computational and algorithmic critical thinking skills to several domains.
We want to create an atmosphere where you feel in charge and where the knowledge you have achieved is relevant and applicable.
Whether your passion is research or teaching, we aim to integrate you and your course with the people both within and beyond SU to achieve your goals. We would like to extend to you all our warm wishes for the start of the academic year. Let it be exciting and unusual for you, and let it bring you new insights, discoveries, and challenges.
Australian Computer Society(ACS) accreditation demonstrates the faculty’s continuing commitment to the quality of its programs so that FCIT students are ready to practice once they graduate and employers can count on university graduates to meet their needs.
Finally, Sohar University is proud and is one of the few universities in the Sultanate to have been granted with Institutional Accreditation by the Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA).Dean, Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
The Faculty of Computing and Information Technology (FCIT) at Sohar University aspires to be the recognized leader in computer science and information technology education in the Sultanate of Oman and to become the first alternative for students and staff who choose to contribute to computing and information technology university-level education. (Australian Computer Society) accreditation demonstrates the faculty’s continuing commitment to the quality of its programs so that FCIT students are ready to practice once they graduate and employers can count on university graduates to meet their needs.
The FCIT offers Bachelor and Diploma degrees in five undergraduate programs:
- Computing and Web Engineering.
- Computing and Multimedia.
- Networking and Database.
- Business Information Technology.
- Software Engineering.
The programs offered also provide students the opportunity to obtain internationally recognized certifications from well-known organizations such as Adobe, Oracle, Huawei, RedHat Academy and Cisco after passing the required assessments. Accreditation by these internationally recognised external organisations lends even greater weight to the qualifications that our graduates hold.
The faculty also offers a comprehensive Master's degree in Computer Science which provides professional postgraduate-level education. The faculty maintains a continuing relationship with the industrial community through master level educational activities. Finally, Sohar University is proud and is one of the few universities in the Sultanate to have been granted with Institutional Accreditation by the Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA).
- FCIT is home to some of the most up-to-date facilities and equipment in the world. Sohar University classrooms and labs are equipped with a variety of technologies to enhance the teaching and learning experience.
- The Learning Resources Centre (LRC) provides world-class facilities to support students, academics, and researchers to enable them to achieve success and academic excellence. It includes books, printed journals, magazines, newspapers, DVDs, CDs, theses, special collections and E-resources.
- Career Guidance Services (CGS) advises the university students on their transition from studying to profession and it offers guidance and support on their study choices besides responding to their career enquiries at the Diploma, Bachelor and Master levels.
- The SU ITS team is here to help with IT support to get you set up and connected, ready for Blended Learning study. One can participate in courses by downloading the slides, videos, reading materials and practice tests, and join the chat rooms and discussion forums set up by lecturers through Sohar University Learning Management System (SULMS).
Why study our programs?
- The Computing and Multimedia program, Computing and Web Engineering program and Computing and Network and Database program are accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- Referring Research Output by Faculty and Students.
- FCIT adopted student-centered learning to develop the learner autonomy.
- The Student Academic Support Unit aims to provide holistic co-curricular support for students to enable them to progress and succeed in their academic life by organizing different activities and events, promoting peer tutoring and providing individual and group support opportunities.
Training and workshops:
- Our students, undergo training at major local companies and are engaged in innovative IT projects, most recently in 3D printing at Sohar University’s Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, the only facility of its kind in Oman.
- Students who are about to graduate and take the first steps on their career paths can attend workshops in a variety of IT-related aspects, such as ethics, IoT (the system of interrelated computing devices and people) and Kotlin Programming Language.
Earn a Professional Certificate:
- FCIT works with partners to incorporate their programs within the curriculum that prepare students for professional certification.
Learning from the Best:
- FCIT’s academic staff have graduated from highly reputable universities all over the world.
- DeanProf. Ahmad Kayed
- Associate ProfessorDr Jabar H. Yousif
- Associate ProfessorDr Muhammad Shafi
- Assistant ProfessorDr Abdallah Abualkishik
- Assistant ProfessorDr Eimad Abusham
- Assistant ProfessorDr Mahmood Al-Bahri
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sanad AL Maskari
- Assistant ProfessorDr Saeid Hosseini
- Assistant ProfessorDr Syed Muhammad
- Assistant ProfessorDr Falah Hamode
- Assistant ProfessorDr Khaled Abuhmaidan
- LecturerMs. Budour Al-Farsi
- LecturerMs. Maryam Al-Jabri