During the COVID-19 pandemic, our commitment has clearly been to put the safety of our students and community first. Thanks to MoHERI guidelines, the University has introduced a Blended Learning approach to academic delivery to meet the educational needs of students effectively through a blend of on campus, and remote directed learning.
Faculty and students have been provided with training on the use of technology in learning and teaching and the University Moodle system - SULMS and Microsoft Teams are the main tools to support students in their studies. Innovation and creativity to support better learning are key to student success, and our faculty staff are committed to providing a learning environment that nurtures and encourages success.
Our multi-cultural and highly experienced faculty, comprising 13 nationalities, understand the needs of students and industry and, accordingly are converting their classrooms into centers to build knowledge, business skills and competencies through continuous engagement with students, supported by co-curricular learning, and employer outreach.
Our outstanding teaching and learning strategies are designed to develop students into successful entrepreneurs and business leaders who can navigate through real-life business challenges and make a positive impact in the business world.
The success of our students is reflected by our alumni who are working in a range of business and industry sectors to help build a knowledge nation and support the Oman 2040 vision. Our link with industries in the Sohar Industrial Estate and Freezone and the knowledge and research contributions of our Faculty Advisory Board members continue to drive our mission of engaging minds, transforming lives and serving the community.
I cordially invite all prospective students and faculty to expand your knowledge and enhance your career prospects by coming to study at the Faculty of Business.
I encourage you to join the Faculty of Business to shape your future career.
It’s Your Road to a Brighter Future…
Our undergraduate programs provide students with the opportunity to:
- Develop a set of powerful business skills to become an elite candidate for the right career in Oman and GCC Countries.
- Benefit from an integrated and practice-oriented approach to business education and administration.
- Learn to support the development of innovation and enterprise.
- Gain solid academic knowledge, business communication skills, and analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Study in our morning and/or evening classes.
Our market-oriented MBA program provides students with the opportunity to:
- Bolster the advancement of knowledge with practical real-world applications to become an elite business leader.
- Benefit from the case study approach adopted in the MBA courses.
- Gain practical knowledge from the industrial guest speakers who are invited to deliver lectures on how to apply different theories in real-life cases.
- Learn from diversified and experienced faculty members.
- Study in our weekend classes with a comprehensive tool-kit of courses and options during semesters.
- DeanProf. Nur Abu Mansor
- ProfessorProf. Rakesh Belwal
- Associate ProfessorDr Usama Al Mulali
- Assistant ProfessorDr Abedalqader Rababah
- Assistant ProfessorDr Jeremy Brown
- Assistant ProfessorDr Adil Khalid
- Assistant ProfessorDr Ahmed Abubakar
- Assistant ProfessorDr Irfan Saleem
- Assistant ProfessorDr Muntazir Hussain
- Associate ProfessorDr Shweta Belwal
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sanjeev Kumar
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sridevi Yerrabati
- Assistant ProfessorDr Seyed Hosseini
- Assistant ProfessorDr Shah Md Safiul Hoque
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sarfaraz Javed
- Assistant ProfessorDr Muhammad Shakil
- LecturerMr. Khalid Al. Qatiti
- LecturerMs. Hanan Al-Balushi
- LecturerMs. Iman Al. Maktoumi
- LecturerMs. Karima Qartoobi
- LecturerMs. Latifa hammod albadi
- LecturerMs. Fatma Al-Qasmi
- LecturerMs. Noura Al.Jahwari
Faculty of Business (FoB) is an educational model provides an opportunity to students to pursue their Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in different fields of business administration. The future of FoB is built upon the commitment of our faculty, students, staff, and other key stakeholders at Sohar University.
FoB’s influential programs have been designed to bolster the advancement of business knowledge with practical real-world applications and through industry engagement activities. FoB’s aim is to prepare students for business administration positions in certain specialized fields. All programs lie in its positioning, international orientation, the practical oriented approach, the teaching staff’s business and research experience, the state-of-the-art facilities, and students' support services and counseling opportunities.
FoB equip students with market-driven knowledge in the fields of financial knowledge, business operations, information technology, commercial law and marketing. It also develops students’ skills of problem-solving ability, flexibility, business awareness and communication, which is valued by employers.
FoB recruit students who have the talent to benefit from the rigor study plans of our business programs and have the potential to become entrepreneurs and future business personnel to serve all industries in the Sultanate of Oman and GCC Countries.
We are dedicated to always develop new business programs that help our prospective graduates meet the demands of the ever-changing global economy.