Tel: (+968)26850100 - Ext: 724
Dr Jeremy Brown
Master Program Coordinator
Tel: +968)26850100 – Ext: 509
Office: AL Rustaq, 3rd Floor
Welcome to the Faculty of Business at Sohar University!
As dean of the faculty, I am extremely proud of the rich tradition of providing practical, experiential-based business education that our faculty has upheld since its founding. The business faculty has both undergraduate and graduate business programs to help prepare our students to be morally and intellectually strong global leaders who can meet the challenges of a time when society is going through a big change.
The content of our coursework and experiential learning is supported by faculty and staff, which creates the perfect environment for students to succeed. We ensure that from day one through graduation, our students experience global real-world business issues in classes and projects. The success of our students is largely due to the hard work of our faculty, staff, alumni, and members of our advisory boards. All these people work hard to help our students learn and grow into global business leaders who will make a positive difference in the world.
The Faculty of Business is a member of the prestigious global business accreditation from AACSB (the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), which correlates with the growth and skillsets required across diverse business degrees both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In addition, our accounting graduates are well connected with the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), which places our graduates on a professional pathway in their careers. The Faculty of Business at Sohar University is near the Port of Sohar in the Al-Batinah region of Oman. It gives our students unique chances to work with companies and communities and learn from them.
The years of leadership and expert knowledge that our diverse faculty members have offered to the curriculum have been vital to the success of our students and alumni. As leaders in their fields, the knowledge of our faculty and research continues to drive change and have a positive effect on society at the university, in the community, and around the world.
I invite all of you who are interested in expanding your knowledge and enriching your careers to explore our faculty further either online or through a visit to campus. I hope that you will join our community of life-long learners.
Nur Naha Abu Mansor, Ph.D., Fellow ITOL, UK
Dean, Faculty of Business
The Faculty of Business (FOB) is dedicated to imparting the best quality of training and exposure to develop the succeeding generation of business leaders with an acumen of international outlook and the potential to embrace the fast-changing business paradigm of Oman and the world at large. Thriving businesses in the future will be those that can self-reliantly and efficiently manoeuvre a path through a world marked by staunch competition, breakthrough technological advancement, social and commercial crisis. Businesses need managers who are visionary, can anticipate and act prudently in ever-changing environment, manage risks and challenges, and also identify and capitalize on opportunities for efficiency, innovation, and new business models. Businesses further need leaders who will act responsibly in giving value to collaborators.
Faculty of Business (FoB) is an educational model that provides an opportunity for students to pursue their Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in different fields of business administration. The future of FoB is built upon the commitment of our faculty, students, staff, and other key stakeholders at Sohar University. FoB’s influential programs have been designed to bolster the advancement of business knowledge with practical real-world applications and through industry engagement activities. FoB’s aim is to prepare students for business administration positions in certain specialized fields. All programs lie in its positioning, international orientation, the practical-oriented approach, the teaching staff’s business and research experience, state-of-the-art facilities, and students' support services and counseling opportunities.
FoB equips students with market-driven knowledge in the fields of financial knowledge, business operations, information technology, commercial law and marketing. It also develops students’ skills of problem-solving ability, flexibility, business awareness and communication, which is valued by employers. FoB enrol students who have the talent to benefit from the rigor study plans of our business programs and have the potential to become entrepreneurs and future business personnel to serve all industries in the Sultanate of Oman and GCC Countries.
We are dedicated to always develop new business programs that help our prospective graduates meet the demands of the ever-changing global economy.
Why study our programs?
It’s Your Road to a Brighter Future…
The program exposes the students to:
- International connected network.
- Distinct career opportunities.
- Future leaders.
- A rigorous academic learning.
Our undergraduate programs provide students with the opportunity to:
- Develop a set of powerful business skills to become an elite candidate for the right career in Oman and GCC Countries.
- Benefit from an integrated and practice-oriented approach to business education and administration.
- Learn to support the development of innovation and enterprise.
- Gain solid academic knowledge, business communication skills, and analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Study in our morning and/or evening classes.
Our market-oriented MBA program provides students with the opportunity to:
- Bolster the advancement of knowledge with practical real-world applications to become an elite business leader.
- Benefit from the case study approach adopted in the MBA courses.
- Gain practical knowledge from the industrial guest speakers who are invited to deliver lectures on how to apply different theories in real-life cases.
- Learn from diversified and experienced faculty members.
- Study in our weekend classes with a comprehensive tool-kit of courses and options during semesters.
- Accountancy: This program is designed to provide students with accounting tools and knowledge through a range of well-designed courses that prepare students for a future accounting profession. After graduation, students can apply for professional certification such CPA and CMA.
- Management: This program provides students with the appropriate managerial skills that are required by all business sections and prepares them for a unique managerial career. After graduation, students can use tools for planning and managerial decision-making.
- Marketing: This program is designed to provide students with the required skills needed to qualify for careers in marketing. Marketing graduates are greatly in demand and careers in marketing are very well compensated.
- Business and Commercial Law: This program is structured to equip students with knowledge in the commercial legal aspects in Oman, GCC Countries and internationally. This knowledge helps graduates to develop their decision-making skills in corporate legal matters.
- Management Information System: On successful completion of the Management Information Systems program, students are able to implement and use cost-effective and reliable management information systems that support organizations to plan for and direct operational activities.
- Master of Business Administration: On successful completion of their MBA, graduates will be able to develop self-confidence, build professional skills, and strengthen their ability to make managerial decisions to work effectively in modern organizations.
Learning Outcomes of the Program:
By selecting from a variety of option courses, students will obtain a thorough understanding of the fundamental and practical abilities of business and leadership, as well as the capacity to develop a specialised knowledge pool.
- Develop capacity for logical, lateral, and independent thought.
- Develop fundamental competencies with the core courses.
- Form and define professional objectives with industry-specific electives .
- Positioning yourself to become a worldwide leader.
- Negotiation and conflict management.
- Team building.
- Strategy building.
- DeanProf. Nur Abu Mansor
- ProfessorProf. Rakesh Belwal
- Associate ProfessorDr Usama Al Mulali
- Associate ProfessorDr Ramiz Ur Rehman
- Assistant ProfessorDr Abedalqader Al Rababah
- Assistant ProfessorDr Jeremy Brown
- Assistant ProfessorDr Adil Khalid
- Assistant ProfessorDr Ahmed Abubakar
- Assistant ProfessorDr Irfan Saleem
- Assistant ProfessorDr Muntazir Hussain
- Associate ProfessorDr Shweta Belwal
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sanjeev Kumar
- Assistant ProfessorDr Shah Md Safiul Hoque
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sarfaraz Javed
- Assistant ProfessorDr Muhammad Shakil
- Assistant ProfessorDr Abdulrazak Al-Mashhadani
- Assistant ProfessorDr Arun Bajracharya
- Assistant ProfessorDr Neeraj Nautiyal
- Assistant ProfessorDr Rayees Farooq
- Assistant ProfessorDr Sajjad Nazir
- Assistant ProfessorDr Syed Jalil
- LecturerMr. Khalid Al. Qatiti
- LecturerMs. Hanan Al-Balushi
- LecturerMs. Iman Al. Maktoumi
- LecturerMs. Karima Qartoobi
- LecturerMs. Latifa hammod albadi
- LecturerMs. Fatma Al-Qasmi
- LecturerMs. Noura Al.Jahwari