Vice Chancellor’s Message
Welcoming of alumni
Book Release ceremony
Keynote speech & question time
10:00 - 10:12
Fatima Sayed Salman
Jokha Alharthi’s Celestial Bodies: A thematic analysis
10:12 - 10:24
Fatima Salim Bakhit Al Shahri & Nadia Ali Said Al Amri
Improving English Language Skills: Ways, means and practices
10:24 - 10:36
Ghadeer Ghulam Al-Balushi
Awareness of the citizens & residents in Oman on traditional Omani music: An analysis
Oman College of Health Sciences
10:36 - 10:45
Aisha Essa Albelushi
Compiling a corpus of medieval texts
10:45 - 11:00
Know your English Quiz (Kahoot) hosted by Sara al Alawiya
11:00 - 11:12
Lulu Amer Saif Al Habsi
Reading - Challenges and Solutions- A Student’s Perspective
University of Technology and Applied Sciences, Muscat
11:12 - 11:24
Aisha Said Aldari
Shakespeare’s influence on the English language
11:24 - 11:36
Haneen Mohammed Friehat
The effects of the Internet on language learning
11:36 - 11:45
Learning English: A hard nut to crack? Is there a way through?
University of Technology and Applied Sciences
11:45 - 12:00
Omani Proverbs Quiz hosted by Nassib Juma Alsaadi
12:00 - 12:15
Moza Rashid Mohammed Al-Balushi
English-Arabic medical terminology: Developing an online service
12:15 - 12:30
Sawsan Mohammed Almuraiki
BUC students’ acceptance of the Grammarly and Microsoft Word
Alburaimi University College
12:30 - 12:45
Reem Mohammed Darwish Al Balushi
English students’ dependence on language resources
12:45 - 13:00
Who said this? Quiz hosted by Sara al Alawiya
13:00 - 13:15
Muna Ahmed Abdullrahman Almansouri
Studying in the time of lockdown
13:15 - 13:30
Abdullah Al Habshi
Aspirations and inspirations in acquiring language skills
13:30 - 13:45
Fatema Hilal Mohammed Alrisi
Technology and Translation
13:45 - 14:00
Omani Maydan Quiz hosted by Nassib Juma Alsaadi
|Ms. Ibtisam Abdullah AL. Moqbali|
|Oman College of Management and Technology|
How to Retrieve Students’ Engagement and Productivity after COVID19.
Ms. Ibtisam Abdullah Al Moqbali graduated from Sohar University in 2020 with a Bachelor degree in English Language Studies. She has a Cambridge CELTA certificate and achieved a band 7 in IELTS. She has published articles in online journals and has coedited a book entitled Blossoms: An Anthology of Mini Sagas from the Omani Classrooms. Her research interests include methods of teaching and material development. She is currently the Deputy Head of the General Foundation Programme at Oman College of Management and Technology.
- Deadline for receiving abstracts: 30th March 2022
- Notification of Acceptance: 31st March 2022
- Final Program: 4th April 2022
- Rehearsal with presenters: 5th April 2022
- Conference Day: 7th April 2022
Students from all over Oman are welcome to participate in our conference by sending their abstracts on topics that address policies, practices, issues and future directions in the fields of language studies translation, and interpreting.
Suggested conference strands include but are not limited to:
- Language and culture.
- Language through literature.
- Language and gender.
- Language competence and communicative competence.
- Communication in the workplace.
- Language and medium of instruction.
- Role of English in Oman.
- Language use in the social media.
- Barriers to communicative competence in the Omani context.
- Attitudes to foreign languages.
- Attitudes to varieties of English.
- Culture and translation.
- Translation in language learning.
- Translation as a feature of everyday life.
- Issues in ESL/EFL teaching.
- Approaches to literature.
- The abstracts should be written in around 200 words.
- Abstracts should clearly state the objective of the presentation and provide a clear summary of the content.
- The affiliations and contact details of the presenters should be clearly mentioned.
- In a pair/group presentation, the first author serves as the primary contact for all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Abstracts can be submitted through the online application form or by email to SLTC3@su.edu.om.
Your presentation is expected to be about 10-minutes long and will be followed by a 5-minute Q&A session.
Free for both presenters and attendees