Head of SULC
Tel: (+968) 26850100 – Ext: 441
Office: Barka, 3rd Floor
Ms Badriya Al Ajmi
Tel: 91271393 - 26850111
The Language Centre started in the 2012. The main purpose is to teach Arabic to non-Arabic speakers. The Language Centre receives students from a wide range of nationalities and a variety of age groups. The vision of the Centre is to provide quality teaching and extra-curricular activities to students in a professional way. Arabic is not only taught in classes, but also using literature, culture, history, media and common daily materials.
Students will enjoy the following benefits:
- LRC access
- Computer and Internet access
- Sports activities
- Language partners
- Excursion and trips during free time
The Language Centre offers two types of courses :
- Regular Courses
- Tailored Courses
1. Regular Program
The Arabic program is designed to deliver Arabic language training to all non-native speakers from around the world. The Centre offers three levels of intensive Arabic throughout the year. Every semester is consisted of 14 to 16 weeks of study. Classes in start at 9:00 am and finish at 12:40 pm.
*Scheme may change without notice, and updates will be posted on our website
Skills acquired at the end of each levels:
- Level one: this level aims to enable students to read and write paragraphs and to communicate in standard Arabic to enable students to understand Arabic language
- Level Two: this level aims to enhance students’ command of Arabic at the basic level especially as it pertains to Arabic in daily situations and enable the student to communicate in specific situations and express themselves in writing with a good introduction to grammar
- Level three: this level aims to upgrade students’ performance in Arabic to advanced level and increase their speaking, reading and listening abilities. This level enriches the students’ vocabulary and advances their command of grammar and syntax.
2. Tailored Program
The Language Centre also offers tailored courses with private instruction (one-to-one) or small group upon request. These options are also offered to students who wish to take extra hours of Arabic or to those who want to study Arabic for specific purposes for shorter period of time. In addition, students may study Arabic for media, politics, diplomacy, business or culture (Note: a group is from 1- 6 students)
- Academic program divided into two parts (semesters) each one 15 teaching weeks with 16 hours per week.
- Semester 1: from 12/09/2023 to 31/12/2023 for 15 weeks * 16 h/w = 240 academic teaching hours.
- Break 1/01/2024 to 11/01/2024 (could be culture activities and level graduation ceremony).
- Semester 2: from 16/01/2024 to 5/05/2024 for 15 weeks * 16 h/w = 240 academic teaching hours.
- One week graduation ceremony and traveling back home. 8/05/2024 to 12/05/2024.
- Fall (14 – 16 weeks) $1700
- Spring (14 – 16 weeks) $1750
- Summer (6 weeks) $750
- Tailored courses $100 per hour per group (1-6)
- Student will bear the cost of books
- Registration fees $75
Regular Course Fees Per Semester
|Type of Housing||Per Semester (USD)|
|Triple Sharing Room||$575|
|Double Sharing Room||$782|
- Two personal photos (passport size)
- Photocopy of passport (photo and visa pages)
- Payment of fees
- Completed registration form
- Applicants must be 16 years or older