The Student Advisory Council, Sohar University:
The Student Advisory Council at Sohar University represents the students' voices and facilitates participation in the decision-making in different committees across the university. The Council comprises 16 members, all of whom represent their fellow students and come from different faculties.
Sohar University's Faculty of Law is the newest and fastest-growing department at the university. Despite its novelty, a growing number of students from the Sultanate and other Arab countries are drawn to it.
Student Advisory Council of the Faculty of Law held its second meeting for the Academic year 2021/2022.
- The meeting was chaired by
- Dr. Shereen Abu Ghazaleh, the Dean of the Faculty of Law
- Participants who were included:
- Dr. Hamad bin Khamis Al Jahouri, Head of the Court of Appeal in Al Buraimi, a Member of the Supreme Court
- Dr. Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al Zadjali, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Omani Lawyers Association
- Mr. Mubarak bin Hathith Al-Saadi, the Adviser of the Primary Court Department in Sohar
- Mr. Saud Muhammad Al-Azri, Director of the First Directorate in Al Batinah North Governorate.
The academic staff of the faculty also attended the meeting to contribute to the improvement and expansion of educational processes and student services.
Highlights of the meeting:
- Strategic Plan of the Faculty of Law
The discussion was focused on the faculty's strategic strategy for the forthcoming academic year 2022/23. Strategic planning enables the university to concentrate on its future success. This plan promotes the education sector inside and outside Oman and aligns with the university's mission and values. These strategies ensure the institution's current and future operational and financial health. Thus, it contributes to the provision of an excellent education and enables students to realise their potential and positively impact society.
- Promote sustainable development and meet Oman Vision 2040
The strategic plan as discussed in the meeting promotes sustainable development and meet Oman Vision 2040. How is the world changing, and what should we do to address it? How do we have a chance to make a difference? What should we change today to get ready for tomorrow? All these points were discussed in the meeting.
In response to Oman's Vision 2040 regarding reinforcing the education sector at all its kind and level and providing a supportive environment for scientific research and innovation, Sohar University offers a Master's Program in Public Law, which is taught in Arabic over a period of two years. In addition to effectively contributing to the development of legal sciences and their various legislative applications through scientific research, the graduates are theoretically qualified. They have received practical training in a variety of legal business fields. They also effectively disseminate legal knowledge to individuals and institutions of society.