About Higher Education institutions Exhibition
The Higher Education Institutions Exhibition seeks to give General Education Diploma holders the chance to discover more about the services offered by universities, colleges, and training centres in the Sultanate, including their general and specialised programs. The exhibition focuses on institutions providing education services, such as universities and colleges in Oman, and training programs through institutes and training services offices. It allows them to interact with these institutions' representatives, learn more about their choices, and share knowledge, experiences, ideas, and information.
Higher Education Institutions Exhibition 2022
The exhibition, which lasted for three days from 19th – 21st July 2022, was organised by Horizon Company, in cooperation with higher education institutions, at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Center in Muscat and with the support and marketing of Morshed Professional Platform. It was inaugurated by Her Excellency Dr. Rahma Bint Ibrahim Al Mahrouqi, Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research and Innovation. The exhibition witnessed an increasing turnout of students and those interested in higher education opportunities in the Sultanate of Oman.
Sohar University Participates in Higher Education Institutions Exhibition 2022
Sohar University participated -as an official sponsor- in the Higher Education institutions Exhibition. The university's participation in this exhibition is a continuation of its participation in exhibitions and educational and promotional events to introduce general diploma students to the most important and prominent specialisations offered by the university that keeps pace with the needs of the job market.
The Exhibition coincided with the period when the results of the General Education Diploma were announced. The university's pavilion attracted many visitors eager to learn more about the university's academic programs, majors and other services.
Information for Visitors:
Sohar University is a world of academic excellence, pioneering research, and opportunities that can change lives. The university offers courses and programs leading to officially recognised higher education degrees in several areas of study.
The visitors were informed that the university offers:
- New Postgraduate Programs, including one Master's Program in Public Law.
It also offers two PhD programs in Education. These programs are:
- The Doctor of Philosophy in curricula and teaching methods.
- The Doctor of Philosophy in Education administration.
Why One should choose Sohar University:
- Participation in scientific research- The institution is committed to increasing research and knowledge transfer development that matches worldwide standards over the next five years.
- Accredited University- SU is one of the Sultanate's few universities to acquire institutional accreditation from the Omani Authority for Academic Accreditation and Quality Assurance of Education (OAAAQA). Most undergraduate degrees in the Faculty of Computing & IT are covered by accreditation from the Australian Computer Society. In addition, Engineers Australia (EA) has accredited most of the Engineering programs.
- Internship Programs- Sohar University has the provision for Internal and external internship opportunities and workshops to prepare students for their careers beyond the university.
- National & International Cooperation- Sohar University collaborates with numerous national and international organisations to facilitate knowledge and skill transfer required to implement the Sustainable Development Goals.