Sohar University hosted the first International Conference on Education, titled "Twenty-first Century Teaching and Learning: Future Visions and Prospects," on January 9, 2023, under the direction of Her Excellency the Minister of Higher Education, Research, and Innovation. The conference was organized with the help of a number of their Excellencies and people interested in education and development.
The idea for this conference was inspired by Ishraq magazine in collaboration with Sohar University and other institutions to accomplish Oman Vision 2040.
Aim of the conference
- The conference makes it easy for people to share their different educational experiences and gives facts and figures about how things really work in schools and universities.
- It also provides insight into the current policies, programs, and plans for education and suggests ways to change them.
- keep pace with the developments and lead the education sector in the desired direction.
- The conference addresses the educational challenges and methods to tackle them to improve participants' present and future skills.
- The goal of the conference is to bring together educators and researchers from Oman and the Arab world who can talk about how skills-based education can make its way in the future.
- Conferences like these are the best approach to develop students' intellectual and cognitive abilities and prepare them for the knowledge economy of the future.
Agenda of the conference
A number of academics and researchers from the Sultanate of Oman and a few Arab nations are participating in the conference with working papers that summarize their research on educational issues such as
- Educational training and research,
- Artificial intelligence and education,
- Educational content,
- Education in the context of sustainable development,
- Teaching people with special needs, and
- Learning in situations of crisis.
The topics discussed will provide a comprehensive perspective, perceptions, and recommendations on how to bridge the gap between reality and hope, as well as a plan for education in the 21st century that keeps pace with technological breakthroughs and advanced industrial revolutions.
Highlights of the Conference
- Dr Salem Al-Shuaili from the Ministry of Transport, Communications, and Information Technology, Professor Rashid Hussain Al-Abdul-Karim from King Saud University in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and D. Majeda Al-Hinai from Sultan Qaboos University will speak at the main session on the first day of the conference.
- In addition, there are six simultaneous sessions with working papers and a virtual session that reviews the working papers of the participants working remotely.
- Professor Abdullah Ambusaidy, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Education, Professor Mohamed Hassan Mohsen from the Lebanese University, and Dr. Salwa Al-Jassar from the State of Kuwait will all speak at the second session on the second day of the conference.
- It also has six simultaneous sessions with working papers and a virtual session that reviews the working papers.
- The conference will conclude on 10th January 2023, with the presentation of its recommendations and a closing ceremony.
Ishraq magazine for Press and Publishing would like to thank Sohar University, the Ministry of Education, Mazoon Company, Tathmeer Company, and all the institutions for supporting and contributing to the success of the conference.