Sohar University Participates in 18th Cultural Season
SU believes students involved in cultural activities are more engaged in their studies as their interests lie in both academics and extra-curricular activities. This helps them to stay focused on their studies and be aware of the current trends in their field. Furthermore, these activities help to develop their creative and critical thinking abilities, which are essential for academic success.
This year SU is taking part in the 18th Cultural Season at the University of Nizwa, which began on 25th January 2023.
SU's Role in the Cultural Season
- Dr Hamdan Al Fazari, The Vice-Chancellor of the university, attended the seminar entitled ‘Expanding the Exchange Training Opportunities and Student Creativity between Arab Universities’, with the patronage of Her Excellency Dr Rahma Al Mahrouqi, the Minister of Higher Education, Scientific Research, and Innovation. The seminar stressed on the importance of collaboration and cooperation between Arab universities, highlighting the potential of such partnerships to foster innovation and new ideas, and to promote cross-border collaboration.
- SU students have participated in the International Fine Art and Innovation Exhibition. The exhibition will provide a great opportunity to learn from other artists and gain insight into the creative process. It’s a great way to gain inspiration and develop new ideas.
About the 18th Cultural Season at the University of Nizwa
The 18th Cultural Season at the University of Nizwa which started on 25/1/2023 features a range of activities:
- Student Activities Festival - This event will provide students with the opportunity to learn about and participate in various activities.
- Modern Media Workshop - This workshop is designed to give participants an understanding of modern media and its impact on society.
- University Library Activities - This workshop is designed to give participants an understanding of modern media and its impact on society.
- Practical Workshop for Graduates - This workshop will offer graduates the chance to gain valuable experience in the field of their chosen careers.
- Colleges and Foundation Institute Open Houses - These open houses will allow potential students to explore the offerings of each college and foundation institute.
- Entrepreneurship Week - This week-long event will focus on the importance of entrepreneurship and provide opportunities to network with industry professionals.
- Life Experience - This event will give attendees a chance to explore and learn from the experiences of those who have gone before them.
- Communication Program - This program will allow participants to hone their communication skills and learn about effective communication strategies.