Graduation Ceremony of Students
Graduation is an important milestone in every student's life, marking the culmination of their efforts and accomplishments at Sohar University. This is the day on which a student receives their academic degree. It is a momentous occasion when a university student receives an academic degree or certification as a "graduate" and is often referred to as a "rite of passage". The graduation ceremony is the formal time when students are deemed to have graduated. It is one of the most significant events in a student's life since it marks the beginning of a new chapter in their life. The majority of the ceremony is devoted to awarding degrees or certificates to students, who march onto the stage as their names and majors are announced. It is a time of pride for both the student and the parents, who feel a sense of accomplishment.
Details about the Event
On Wednesday, January 4, 2023, Sohar University will celebrate the graduation day of its twenty-first batch of students under the auspices of His Excellency Dr Mohammed Al Zaabi, Secretary General of the Ministry of Defence, in Al Irfan Hall at the Oman Convention and Exhibition Center.
- This batch had 1,639 graduates with master's degrees, bachelor's degrees, diploma, and educational qualifying diplomas from the university's six faculties.
- A total of 38 graduates exhibit outstanding performance.
The following table displays the number of graduates from each of the six faculties.
Name of the Faculty
No. Of Graduates
It is worth mentioning that
- 2.5% of the graduates hold a master's degree
- 62.4% hold a bachelor's degree
- 22.9% hold a diploma
- 12.3% hold an educational qualification diploma