"University is not just an education, it's also a journey of Personal Growth and Exploration"
Introduction to Student Week
Student life at can be incredibly dull and stressful if the emphasis is only on studying from textbooks. To break this monotony, Sohar University (SU) organizes a week full of diverse activities and competitions. These activities are designed to increase students' self-confidence, sharpen their skills, and instil a sense of purpose and adventure in them.
About the 20th Student Week
This year the Department of Student Activities at the university has organized the 20th Student Week.
- The week started on Sunday, March 12, 2023.
- The week will continue until Thursday, March 16, 2023.
- The opening ceremony was sponsored by Sheikh Dr Al-Khattab bin Ghaleb Al-Hinai, Deputy Chairman of Oman State Council.
- This event coincides with the launch of the 11th edition of the Sohar University Theater Festival.
- A number of higher education institutions in the Sultanate has participated in the event.
Highlights of the Student Week
The week includes:
- Many scientific, cultural, literary, artistic and sports events and activities.
- Volunteer Life Forum with the wide participation of volunteer teams in the Sultanate.
- Third Media Forum with the participation of a group of higher education institutions in the Sultanate.
- The Fourth edition of the Student Creativity Competition.
- Law Week.
- Many workshops and lectures.
- Exhibition of innovations and student projects.
- Exhibitions of fine arts and photography.
- A book fair.
Importance of Student Week
- A great platform for students to showcase their talents, celebrate their successes, and take part in activities that build university spirit.
- Opportunity to explore their interests and discover their strengths.
- Helps in building meaningful connections and a strong foundation for their future career.
- Create a sense of community.
- Helps students to develop their confidence and hone their skills.
- Gives students the opportunity to step out of their comfort zone and take a chance to do something new.
- Make university life more enjoyable.
At the end of the week, the winners will be rewarded with certificates and trophies, providing extra motivation to participate.
SU's Student Week is the perfect way to break out of the mundane routine of studying textbooks. Through Student Week, SU helps students to see that university life can be exciting and rewarding.