The LRC provides a variety of information resources including books, printed journals, magazines, newspapers, DVDs, CDs, theses, special collections s and E-resources. Books are classified according to the Library of Congress classification scheme. To locate a book in the LRC you can use LRC Catalogue and search by author, title or keyword. For more inquiry, please refer to the LRC staff.
To borrow items, you must register with the LRC and have a valid student card. You will be allocated a borrower registration barcode number. Select the items you wish to borrow and ask the LRC staff to record your loan. Period loan is given in the table below:
Total no. of items
Orientations are conducted by LRC staff and are designed to introduce the students to the library's wealth of resources and to strengthen their research skills. schedule the orientation, please contact LRC staff.
LRC offers a range of workshops for current students, researchers and other members of the SU. These workshops include search skills on electronic resources that have an impact effective and rich with information which benefits students and researchers. See the details in LRC workshop.
Recommend a Book gives students, researchers and other members easy direct way to tell the LRC which resources you need.
The LRC offers a number of computers that enable users to access the internet and search LRC catalogue and electronic resources. Also, the LRC users can use their personal laptops and connect to the Wireless network anywhere within the LRC.
The Reference desk of LRC is a public service counter where professional librarians provide LRC users with direction to LRC materials, advice, collections, services, and expertise on multiple kinds of information from multiple sources:
- Answer questions about the library and its services.
- Answer basic information questions.
- Help users locate resources for assignments and research projects.
- Provide assistance in using online, print indexes and resources.
- Suggest approaches for defining research topics.
For help with reference and research questions:
- WhatsApp: (+968) 92856767
- Email: AskLRC@su.edu.om
- Instagram: @lrcsoharuni
LRC provides a range of Electronic Resources including eBook, newspapers, magazines, databases, full-text journal articles and indexes to support students, professors and researchers to achieve success and academic excellence.
The LRC provides book a study room for all students and faculty members at Sohar University. The LRC has nine classrooms in the first floor. How to book a study room?
- You can book a study room for 1-2 hours only by visiting the reference service desk on the ground floor.
- The rooms can be used for groups consisting of 3-5 members.
- You have to bring your University ID card for booking.
- The booking will be cancelled if the group didn’t come for the first 20 minutes.
- Please do not leave personal belonging in the rooms. The LRC is not responsible for the loss of personal items.
- Reserve study rooms are only available during the LRC opening hours.
- It is not allowed to eat, drink (expect water) inside the room.
- Groups are not allowed to move chairs outside the room, or add other chairs from neighboring rooms.
- Please don’t throw waste and clean the room before you leave.