Dr Sarfaraz Javed is an assistant professor in accounting and finance at the faculty of business at Sohar University. He earned a Ph.D. in commerce (with a focus on accounting and finance) from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), India. AMU is NAAC-accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on the four-point scale and an "A+" grade among universities in India; AMU is ranked fourth overall by US News & World Report in its 7th Annual Best Global Universities Rankings. AMU also ranked among the top ten Indian universities in the 2021 NIRF India Rankings. A ranked #251 in the QS Global Asian University (Rankings 2022).
Dr Javed worked as an assistant professor in the Department of Economics and Business Studies at Mazoon University College for two years before moving to Sohar University. Mazoon College is a prominent HEI in Oman that collaborates with Purdue University Northwest and Missouri University of Science and Technology from the United States, where Dr Javed has been awarded two research grants sponsored by TRC, Oman, amounting to about 10,000 OMR (26,000 USD) in 2018-2021. Dr Javed is a researcher who is constantly working on new projects. Presently, he is working on different aspects of accounting, including, but not limited to, sustainable environmental accounting, management accounting, and corporate accounting in the manufacturing sector. He has been awarded three more research projects sponsored by TRC, Oman, costing around 27,000 OMR (70,000 USD) each as principal investigator, co-principal investigator, and investigator.
His studies focus on the interrelated fields of accounting and finance and the development and growth of oil-based economies. He has several publications published in WOS, SCOPUS indexed, ABS rated, as well as ABDC category journals, including the DECISION-Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review-journal of the Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK), Journal of Marketing, Delhi University (DU), and many more reputed journals recognize his work. Dr Javed serves as a timetable coordinator for the faculty of business along with his teaching and research activities. He reviews research papers for renowned journals and conferences such as BPR, JOEPP, and Quality & Quantity.
- PhD in Commerce (Accounting and Finance), Aligarh Muslim University, India.
- Masters of Commerce (Accounting and Finance), Aligarh Muslim University, India.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance), Aligarh Muslim University, India.
- Financial Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Financial Institution and Markets
- Corporate Finance
- Macro and Micro dimentions of Oil Based economy and its Development
- Financial Products
- Sustainable Financial Inclusionness
- Internet finance
- Social and Intellectual capital
- Qualitative & quantitative methods in particular
- Husain, U., Javed, S., & Ananda, S. (2021). Digital marketing as a game changer strategy to enhance brand performance. International Journal of Technology Marketing, 15(2/3), 107-125.
- Javed S., Husain U. (2021) Impact of Financial Factors on Social and Financial Sustainability in Banking Sector: A Mediating Role of Financial Literacy. In: S. A., Singh D. (eds) Financial Inclusion in Emerging Markets. Palgrave Macmillan, Singapore.
- Javed, S., Husain, U., & Pathak, N. (2021). Relevance of Financial Service Advertisements in Investment Decisions and Purchase of Financial Products: Evidence from the Indian Insurance Sector. Indian Journal of Marketing, 51(9), 41-55.
- Malik, M., Javed, S. Perceived stress among university students in Oman during COVID-19-induced e-learning. Middle East Curr Psychiatry 28, 49 (2021).
- Rutskiy V. et al. (2021) Market Acceptance of the Blockchain Technology on the Example of Bitcoin. In: Silhavy R. (eds) Artificial Intelligence in Intelligent Systems. CSOC 2021. Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 229. Springer, Cham.
- Farrukh, M., Javed, S., Raza, A. and Lee, J.W.C. (2021), "Twenty years of green innovation research: trends and way forward", World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 17 No. 3, pp. 488-501.
- Javed, S., Husain, U. Corporate CSR practices and corporate performance: managerial implications for sustainable development. Decision 48, 153–164 (2021).
- Javed, S., & Malik, M. (2021). The propensity of risk-taking and financial efficiency: Exploring the role of management accounting system: Evidence from the manufacturing sector. Cogent Business & Management, 8(1), 1954490.
- Javed, S., & Husain, U. (2020). An ARDL investigation on the nexus of oil factors and economic growth: A timeseries evidence from Sultanate of Oman. Cogent Economics & Finance, 8(1), 1838418.
- Rutskiy V. et al. (2020) The Price Determinants of Bitcoin as a New Digital Form of Money. In: Silhavy R., Silhavy P., Prokopova Z. (eds) Software Engineering Perspectives in Intelligent Systems. CoMeSySo 2020. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1294. Springer, Cham.