email@example.com Phone: +968 26850100 Extn: 527 Location: Rustaq building, Office no: F368
Ahmed Abubakar is an academician with over 10 years of experience in university teaching and research. He obtained his Ph.D. in management (strategic management) from the University of Utara Malaysia (UUM). His thesis was about organizational competitiveness, with a special focus on the university. Prior to that, he had received B.Sc. (Hons.) Business Administration and M.Sc. Business Administration from the University of Abuja, Nigeria, and Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nigeria, respectively. He has published several academic papers in ISI/SCOPUS-indexed journals and refereed/indexed journals. In addition to being actively involved in teaching, research, writing, and consulting services, his research interests are in the fields of strategic management and competitiveness, entrepreneurship, and higher institution administration and management. He also serves on several university committees and is a resource person or speaker at various academic conferences and symposiums in international forums. Currently, he is the program coordinator for the business and commercial law program in the Faculty of Business at Sohar University.
- Ph.D. In Strategic Management, University Utara Malaysia, Malaysia, 2017.
- MSc. In Business Administration, Nasarawa State University Keffi, Nigeria, 2014.
- BSc. In Business Administration, University of Abuja, Nigeria, 2008.
- Strategic Management
- Strategic Management
- Higher Institutions Administration and Management
- Abubakar, A., Belwal, S., Mohammed, N., & Mohammed, U. D. (2022). Sustainable Competitive Advantage through Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Green Behavior Strategies. Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, 2022.
- Hilman, H., & Abubakar, A. (2019). Establishing a highly competitive university: a strategic management perspective. Journal for Global Business Advancement, 12(1), 3-50.
- Abubakar, A., Hilman, H., & Kaliappen, N. (2018). New tools for measuring global academic performance. Sage Open, 8(3), 1-10.
- Gorondutse, A. H., Ali, R. A., Abubakar, A., & Naalah, M. N. I. (2017). The effect of working capital management on SMEs profitability in Malaysia. Polish Journal of Management Studies, 16(2), 99-109.
- Abubakar, A. (2017). Strategic Talent Management Practices for Higher Institutions. In Information and Knowledge Management, 7(2) 31-34.