Dr Ramiz Ur Rehman
Ramiz ur Rehman is currently working as an Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance and Program Coordinator at Faculty of Business, Sohar University, Sohar, Oman. He has 20+ years of experience in teaching, research, and administration at the university level. He received his Ph.D. degree in Management Sciences (Financial Management) from the School of Management (AACSB accredited), Xi’an Jiaotong University in 2016. He has served in various universities across different countries like Pakistan, China, and Oman in different academic positions. He has served as a Head of Lahore Business School, The University of Lahore. Dr Ramiz has also actively participated in different academic activities as a member or as a leader, such as course moderator, faculty examination moderation committee, university examination moderation committee, faculty board, board of studies, board of faculty, curriculum review committee, departmental research committee, board of advance studies, academic council, and etc. He is also an active researcher. His research interests include, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, corporate finance, environmental, social and governance (ESG), banking efficiency, and financial markets. Dr Ramiz has received the best researcher award of LBS in 2019. He is serving as Chief-Editor of Asian Finance Research Journal (AFRJ), which is latterly recognized by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Dr Ramiz is also supervising Ph.D. and research students. One of his students has successfully graduated and got his Ph.D. Degree in Management Sciences (Finance). He has published several research papers in reputable and high-ranked journals including, Business Strategy & Environment, Business Ethics: A European Review (BEER), Eurasian Business Review, Management Decisions, etc. Dr Ramiz has also been awarded highly competitive Research Grants from the Ministry of Higher Education Research and Innovation (MoHERI) Oman.
- PhD in Management Sciences, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, 2016.
- MPhil in Management Sciences, University of Lahore, Pakistan, 2009.
- MBA Finance, University of Lahore, Pakistan, 2005.
- MSc Statistics, University of the Punjab, Pakistan, 2001.
- Accounting and Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Environmental Management Practices
- Firm Financial Performance
- Financing decisions
- Naz, M. A., Ali, R., Rehman, R. U., & Ntim, C. G. (2021). Corporate governance, working capital management, and firm performance: Some new insights from agency theory. Managerial and Decision Economics.
- Amin, A., Rehman, R. U., Ali, R., & Ntim, C. G. (2021). Does gender diversity on the board reduce agency cost? Evidence from Pakistan. Gender in Management: An International Journal.
- Rehman, R.U., Zhang, J., Naseem, M. A., Ahmed, M. I., & Ali, R. (2021). Board independence and Chinese banking efficiency: a moderating role of ownership restructuring. Eurasian Business Review, 11(3).
- Ali, R., Rehman, R. U., Kanwal, M., Naseem, M. A., & Ahmad, M. I. (2021). Determinants of corporate social responsibility disclosure of banking sector in Pakistan. Social Responsibility Journal.
- Ali, S., Rehman, R. U., Sarwar, B., Shoukat, A., & Farooq, M. (2021). Board financial expertise and foreign institutional investment: the moderating role of ownership concentration. Review of International Business and Strategy.
- Amin, A., Ali, R., Rehman, R. U., Naseem, M. A., & Ahmad, M. I. (2021). Female presence in corporate governance, firm performance, and the moderating role of family ownership. Economic Research-Ekonomska Istraživanja, 1-20.
- Aslam, S., Elmagrhi, M. H., Rehman, R. U., & Ntim, C. G. (2021). Environmental management practices and financial performance using data envelopment analysis in Japan: The mediating role of environmental performance. Business Strategy and the Environment, 30(4), 1655-1673.
- Rehman, R. U., ul Abidin, M. Z., Ali, R., Nor, S. M., Naseem, M. A., Hasan, M., & Ahmad, M. I. (2021). The Integration of Conventional Equity Indices with Environmental, Social, and Governance Indices: Evidence from Emerging Economies. Sustainability, 13(2), 1-27.
- Ahmad, M. I., Naseem, M. A., Rehman, R. U., Zhuang, W., Ali, R., & Manzoor, M. S. (2021). Risk Perception of International Medical Students About Coronavirus (COVID-19) in China and Their Willingness to Fly Back. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy, 14, 503.
- Ali, R., Mangla, I. U., Rehman, R. U., Xue, W., Naseem, M. A., & Ahmad, M. I. (2020). Exchange Rate, Gold Price, and Stock Market Nexus: A Quantile Regression Approach. Risks, 8(3), 86.